Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ethnically Ambiguous?

Am I ethnically ambiguous?

So I almost fell on the bus this morning on my way to work, but a nice gentleman with long grey dreads helped me find my seat. He literally reached out his hand for me to grab it (as I held tightly to my lunchbox). He looked at me and asked in Spanish, "Ere tu cubana?"...

I responded in like language, "No, Mexicana, pero tengo muchas ganas de visitar a Cuba. Tu?"

Dude: "Cubano" (with a smile)

Me: "De que parte eres?"...

Dude: "La Havana...y en donde tu trabaja?"
Me: "En el hospital, y tu?"

Dude: "Sabia que tu trabajaba alli. Soy instructor fisico de educacion"...and we just chatted for a bit, quite delightful.

And so I'm getting off the bus, and we shake hands, "Fue un placer"...and he just puts his hand on my head and smiles. I'm like, oook, but mad cool guy. Anyhow, being as I can almost find anything I search for on the internets, I did...this is the guy I ran into this morning: http://angeldcuba.com/home.cfm Pretty distinguishable.
I'm sharing this because you just never know the path the person next to you has walked, and the encounter was, simply put...SINCERE, and impressionable.

Anyone want to join me for one of his next performances?!!

No comments: